Speak about one of the public holidays celebrated in your country
  • When it is celebrated?
  • Why it is celebrated?
  • What people do on that day?
  • What you do on that day?


There are so many public holidays celebrated in my country but I would like to speak about Diwali is also known as Deepavali and the "festival of lights", is an ancient Hindu festival celebrated in autumn every year. This is my favorite public holiday and this festival comes in the month of October or November. It is celebrated in the memory of Lord Ram because he returned back to his city Ayodhya after 14 years exile. The festival spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance, good over evil, and hope over despair.

Before Diwali night, people clean, renovate and decorate their homes and offices. On Diwali night, Hindus dress up in new clothes or their best outfit, light up earthen lamps and candles inside and outside their home, participate in family prayers typically to Lakshmi – the goddess of wealth and prosperity.

On this festival, I also decorate my house with electronic lights and on Diwali night, I worship Lord Ganesha and goddess Lakshmi with my family members for the prosperity of my family and friends. After worship, people share sweets and also exchange gifts with family members, relatives, and close friends.

If you have come this far, it means that you liked what you are reading. Why not reach little more and connect with me directly on Facebook or Twitter. I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on my articles directly.

Post A Comment:

1 comments: