Persons में परिवर्तन के नियम (Rules for the change of Persons)

Rule 1: Direct से Indirect बनाते समय Reported Speech के First Person के Pronouns (I, me, my, mine, we, us, ours) को Reporting Verb के Subject के Person, Number और Gender के अनुसार बदल देते है । जैसे :
1. Direct - I said, "I do not like that book."
    Indirect - I said that I did not like that book.
2. Direct - You said, "I am learning my lesson."
    Indirect - you said that you were learning your lesson.
3. Direct - They said, "We want to go to Delhi."
    Indirect - They said that they wanted to go to Delhi.

Rule 2: Direct से Indirect में परिवर्तन करते समय Reported Speech में आये हुए Second Person के Pronouns('you', 'your', 'yours') को reporting Verb के Object के Person, Number और Gender के अनुसार बदल देते है । जैसे :
1. Direct - He said to me, "You are happy."
    Indirect - He told me that I was happy.
2. Direct - You said to him, "You are very sad."
    Indirect - You told him that you were very sad.
3. Direct - He said to them, "You are not doing any work."
    Indirect - He told them that they were not doing any work.


Rule 3: Direct से Indirect में परिवर्तन करते समय Reported Speech में आये हुए Third Person के Pronouns (he, she, it, they, his, her, its, their, him, them) में कोई परिवर्तन नहीं करते है । जैसे :
1. Direct - He said, "He is a postman."
    Indirect - He said that he was a postman.
2. Direct - You said, "She is not a good girl."
    Indirect - You said that she was not a good girl.
3. Direct -  Alam said to Kriya, "I shall always help you."
    Indirect - He told them that he(Alam) would always help her(Kriya).

Table of Changes in Pronouns :

PersonNominative or Subjective formObjective formPossessive form
First PersonI, Weme, usmy, mine, our, ours
Second PersonYouyouyour, yours
Third PersonHe
She
It
They
him
her
it
them
his
her, hers
its
their, theirs


If you have come this far, it means that you liked what you are reading. Why not reach little more and connect with me directly on Facebook or Twitter. I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on my articles directly.

Post A Comment:

4 comments: